Prayer Guide for the week of June 28th
You are invited to participate in our Community at Prayer (video Zoom Link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88935206424, or by phone, 253-215-8782, Meeting ID: 88935206424) at 7:00 pm this Wednesday, July 1st. You may also use the guide as you set aside Wednesdays at 7:00 to be part of our prayer time wherever you are. Whether you can join us on Zoom or use this guide through the week, please be in prayer for our membership, our mission, our communities, and nation, and know that others are praying with you.
Whether in our time alone, or as we gather in time or space God is with us. Through the gracious obedience of Jesus in His live, death, resurrection and glorification, and the giving of the Holy Spirit, He is always with us. He is with us in times of happiness and celebration and He is with us when we are challenged, disheartened, and down cast. Let us seek to be still and know that He is God in these moments.
What answers to prayer have you seen, heard about, or experienced this week? What are your concerns? It may help to write them down.
- What words, or deeds come to mind as we read or think of “Worship?”
- What words, or deeds come to mind as we read or think of “Praise?”
- What words, or deeds come to mind as we read or think of “Adoration?”
- What Scriptures come to mind as you meditate on these things?
- Other offerings of adoration and praise…
- God, sometimes I feel far from You. I do things that are not careful in light of my love for You—my faith in You. Please, in Jesus Name, forgive my careless and deliberate acts and thoughts of self-will. Lead me to true repentance and loving trust in You. Thank you.
- Accept the certainty of God’s forgiveness and cleansing.
- “Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things” (Philippians 4: NASB). And be thankful.
- Thank God for the wonder of His plan for your salvation, restoration, and purpose in His Kingdom.
- Thank God for His watch care over, and action on behalf of, our families, our church fellowship and ministries, and our communities.
- Other offerings of thanks, personal and communal…
- An outpouring of His Spirit on Cedar Hills Baptist Church leading to unity of vision and action.
- That divisiveness and rhetoric be replaced with cooperation and meaningful action by governmental leadership at all levels.
- God’s peace for all experiencing fear, anger, disillusionment, and distrust.
- Other petitions…
- Those of our fellowship facing illness, recovering, facing surgery, or life changes, and grief.
- Our missionaries.
- The persecuted church.
- Other prayers of intercession…
Waiting on the Spirit